:: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rick Moen
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Quoting Simon Hobson (linux@???):

> OK, I stand corrected. But it's still having to manually "fix"
> something that wasn't (as people point out) broken for 30 years and
> now suddenly (and without warning) is now broken.

As with Arnt and me, we stand in strenuous agreement.

> But you are wrong in that the DNS thing is **not** an addition to
> resolv.conf - if it were then there would be a little less hate for
> it. It's the hidden nature of it that really annoys.

You probably have some data on this matter that I lack. Is this some
systemd brain-damage you're referring to? Some file that gets consulted
instead of /etc/resolv.conf ? I think I saw mention of something
(/run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf) that probably qualifies in the Debian
bug Jaromil pointed to.

The only Debian 8 installations I've done so far were immediately
followed by changing inits. ;->