:: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rick Moen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Quoting Simon Hobson (linux@???):

> Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:
>
>> My modest suggestion is that it's in Linux users' interest to not
>> outsource recursive service to anyone at all. Having the necessary
>> recursive nameservice be on one of one's own local machines improves
>> network performance, reliability, and security, IMO.
>
> Yes, on ONE of your own machines.

One recursive namserver per LAN is obviously better than several on
grounds of multiple considerations that I won't belabour here.
Personally, I'd rather the Linux community err on the side of a few too
many local, non-corporate recursive nameservers than far, far too few --
but certainly, one per LAN is ideal.

(IMO, the 'OMG, too many queries from not-strictly-necessary recursive
nameservers are going to overwhelm the root/tld nameservers' argument
sometimes heard is overblown. Cached glue once received lasts a very
long time and is a trivial traffic concern.)