:: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
On Mon, 02 Jan 2017, Jaromil wrote:

> what a pity Debian has switched to Google's DNS by default.

for the record and the sake of historical correctness:

there is however an issue we need to look at for Devuan: it seems the
default dns resolver for our distribution is also back to 8.8.8.8, at
least someone on irc backfired to this thread with this claim.

despite this being a different change than just removing systemd, I
clearly recall that with Nextime we agreed back at the time of that
bug that we would not fall for this decision. So we should guard the
default and change it again if necessary now.

While at ISOC NL new years reception I'll use the dinner conversation
to ask fellows at RIPE which public service dns they think are best.
I do like the OpenNIC project, among their servers some already
support dnscrypt.

ciao