:: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
On Sun, 01 Jan 2017, Rick Moen wrote:

> IMO look no further than Unbound

I disagree :^) It is worth looking further here.

In Dowse, our free software project focusing on layer 2 and 3
awareness on LAN, we are working a lot on DNS using dnscrypt.

This is the surface http://crowd.dowse.eu

knowing a bit the context here, I guess you're all more familiar with
the code than the promotional material
https://github.com/dyne/dowse/tree/master/src/dnscrypt-plugin

In this dnscrypt-proxy plugin I'm using ldns a fantastic new library
published by NLNET labs back in 2007. dnscrypt integrates it well.

I've done some DNS caching experiments using redis, but I'm not super
happy about them and resorting to no local caching for now (the cache
flag in code is removed). I think is quite annoying to have caching,
somehow sharing the implicit frustration of this post.

Devuan doesn't install any dnscaching BTW. As others suggested the
most popular is dnsmasq which afaik powers also network-manager. In
Dowse we use Devuan as a base OS and don't use dnsmasq for DHCP, to
the contrary we use ISC-DHCP which is RFC 2131 and 3315 compliant.

ciao