:: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Simon Hobson
A: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

>> Which caching daemon are you using?
>
> That's one of the things I don't know. I suspect it's whatever
> the devuan installer provided me long ago.
>
> How do I find out?

What do /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/nssswitch.conf have in them ?
Though to be honest, other than the systems I have BIND running on, DNS resolution is something of a black box to me.

> By the way, the cache poisoning isn't an immediate problem. I've had it
> in the past, it was a nuisance, but eventually the cache entry expired
> after a few weeks.

That's unusual, I don't see many DNS records with TTLs that are weeks long.