:: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: KatolaZ
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] how to clear DNS cache
On Sun, Jan 01, 2017 at 03:03:49PM +0000, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 01, 2017 at 08:50:00AM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > I'm running devuan Jessie on my 32-bit i686 laptop, having installed
> > long ago from the alpha2 release and doing routine upgrades ever after.
> >
> > Occasionally I get wrong DNS lookups because of occasional DNS
> > misconfigurations elsewhere, and they get into the DNS cache.
> >
> > Yes, get the misconfigurations fixed, of course, but then,
> >
> > How can I clear them from the DNS cache on my laptop? They tend to hang
> > around for quite a while.
> >

> Which caching daemon are you using?

That's one of the things I don't know. I suspect it's whatever
the devuan installer provided me long ago.

How do I find out?

By the way, the cache poisoning isn't an immediate problem. I've had it
in the past, it was a nuisance, but eventually the cache entry expired
after a few weeks.

I'd just like to know what to do next time.

-- hendrik