:: Re: [DNG] eudev status
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Anto
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] eudev status
On 22/12/16 16:56, Haines Brown wrote:
> I just received an automated message informing me that I have not been
> active on the list for some time. This gives me an excuse to ask a
> question or two.

This makes two of us :)

> I installed jessie-beta on a disk some time ago, and off hand it boots
> and runs just fine. However I didn't migrate it to from my current Debian
> Wheezy because I was waiting for the eudev/vdev/udev issue to be
> resolved, figuring that migrating up from present udev to one of the
> others could well be traumatic. I didn't want to do it on a system
> on which I relied for work.
>
> Two questions, if I may:
>
> Is eudev being actively worked on, and is it likely to be in
> the upcoming non-beta Jessie Devuan?
>
> I hear complaints that there insufficient work being put into the Devuan
> project. Is there a crisis because of lack of volunteers? Is it likely
> that a non-beta Devuan Jessie will make the light of day in first half
> of 2017?
>
> Haines Brown

I have been using eudev on a mixed Debian Wheezy and Devuan packages for
more than a year.

I am not a software developer. But due to my frustrations of not finding
Debian based eudev package, I forced myself to maintain it on
https://github.com/anto/eudev based on the work of Jaret Cantu on
https://git.devuan.org/jaretcantu/eudev. I have been trying to maintain
it as close as possible to the one maintained by Gentoo. But I have not
got the time to update it for almost a year now, so it is 28 commits
behind Gentoo eudev. I think I will do that in this long holidays.

I am using it on my two laptops, one Xen based VPS and one KVM based
VPS. I have not got any issues so far. But I do not claim it to be
perfect and free of errors. Perhaps it only works on the setup that I
have. So please use it at your own risk.

Cheers,

Anto