:: Re: [DNG] DocSprint Devuan, Decembe…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] DocSprint Devuan, December, BXL
On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 15:05:08 +0100
hellekin <hellekin@???> wrote:

> Got news from the printer's: the books are being finalized and
> packaged, so everything is on time! I'll post a picture as soon as I
> can.

> The finalized version of the booklet where you can read and comment
> lives at https://talk.devuan.org/t/software-freedom-your-way/592

Holy Macaroni, I think you need an IQ of 180 to read the preceding! I
skimmed it and understood most of it, but only because I've been on
this list so long that I've heard all these concepts discussed in terms
I could understand. I think somebody should write a "Cliffs Notes" for
this document, spelling out the central point or concept of each
paragraph in language a seventh grader could understand. So armed,
people of average IQ like me could then comfortably read the real
document.

I have two challenges reading the document: Wording and concepts. A lot
of the words are words I don't readily know the definitions of. Some
are Devuan-proprietary terms that must be defined. Others, in my
personal opinion, might be better changed to simpler, more common
words. Don't get me wrong: The English seems perfect, it's just above
my level and I'd feel more comfortable reading it if I'd been an
English major in college.

The concepts discussed are deep, far reaching, and branch off a long
way from software. I have a feeling that reading this document
carefully would teach me a lot more than software. This is a manifesto.

One practical matter: The

https://talk.devuan.org/uploads/default/optimized/1X/c6dce80537e1e1b4988957dd7a5f7efd35823af2_1_690x487.png

graphic is dysfunctional. Too small to read on the web page, and thanks
to its use of transparency it lacks sufficent contrast to read as its
own page. Add a layer of opaque white below everything else in the
graphic to solve this problem.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21