:: [DNG] apt configuration and reposit…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Massimiliano Baldinelli
A: dng
Assumpte: [DNG] apt configuration and repositories
Hello dng! :)

Since the switch from Stretch to Ascii I noticed the lack of the long
packages descriptions in aptitude, in fact when I did an "aptitude
update" while still in Debian it downloaded, among the other ones, the
Translation-en file. After I made the switch, Translation-en wasn't
downloaded any more.

Following the apt.conf man page I also tried to put

         Acquire::Languages { "environment"; "en"; };

in a file under /etc/apt/apt.conf.d, but with no apparent effect... Am I
missing something? Apparently, aptitude is updated:

# apt-cache policy aptitude
aptitude:
   Installed: 0.8.3-1+b2
   Candidate: 0.8.3-1+b2
   Version table:
  *** 0.8.3-1+b2 500
         500 http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged ascii/main amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Poking around /etc/apt the other question came (just my curiosity...
^_^), about the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/devuan.list: what happens
if I uncomment the repository it lists?

Ciao, and keep forking :)

Max.

--