:: Re: [DNG] Won't boot after dist-upg…
Góra strony
Autor: marc
Dla: Emiliano Marini
CC: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Won't boot after dist-upgrade
> Hi devuanfanboy,
>
> Thanks but no, that dind't work.

I have also had an interesting time getting the devuan beta to
run with a newer kernel.

In my case I have forgone the entire initrd, and built the newest
stable kernel from kernel.org with the necessary drivers built in.
In some kernel configurations the system boots into a blank screen.
In others X doesn't come up.

I suspect (but can't confirm) that it has something to do with how
the framebuffer or related kernel graphics drivers are initialised.

I think there was some sort of changeover between the old style
framebuffers and simpleframebuffer ? Please regard this as a
rumor, and somebody correct me if it is obviously wrong - as I
haven't gotten around to looking at it more. For the record: I was
doing this on an intel graphics chipset.

And completely unrelated: The devuan I have doesn't mount the
cgroup fs (debian seems to rely on systemd to that), so if you want
to use lxc, you might want to add

mount -t cgroup cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup

to your startup scripts.

regards