:: Re: [DNG] aptitude gone mad with in…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] aptitude gone mad with installation requests
On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 07:42:55PM +1300, Daniel Reurich wrote:
> On 18/12/16 15:48, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> >> According to the manpage should clean the cache. I only use apt so i did not
> >> test it.|
> >
> > That cleans out the cache. Which would be good if I had any
> > packages from the suse that someone stuck into the
> > /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory. And I might ... and I might even
> > have some of these installed ...
> >
> > But is there somewhere that aptitude remembers what packages it is
> > *supposed* to install? That's probably what I need cleared.
> >

> Could you run the original problematic aptitude command with the flags
> --simulate --show-deps (read the man page) and share that so we can get
> a view of what your seeing.

Again not what I expected. It just worked and did nothing.

hendrik@notlookedfor:~$ aptitude --simulate --show-deps upgrade
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.
Would download/install/remove packages.
hendrik@notlookedfor:~$

Next I'll try interactive aptitude. Not sure where the deps will show
up, though.

Interactive aptitude suggests 16 removals and 1197 keeps before I've
given it any commands at all.

The list of removals contains a few worrisome ones; I'm not going to
give it the goahead.

chrony
evince-gtk
exim4-base
exim4-config
exim4-daemon-light
grub-pc
grub2-common
hunspell-en-us
libfam0
lprng
make
python-pyxattr
rsyslog
sudu
wicd

Losing wicd could be problematical with respect to future updates.
lprng isn't working right now anyway because, as far as I can tell,
cups has gotten installed and clobbered it.
grub-pc and grub2-common -- I just might need one of these when
upgrading.
chrony I use for keeping the time correct.

I suspect some packages have gotten installed from suse's Debian
directory. Their version numbers might be sufficiently in advance of
devuan jessie that I will hve trouble getting rid of them.

So far, no nice listing of dependencies.

-- hendrik