:: Re: [DNG] Won't boot after dist-upg…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: Emiliano Marini
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Won't boot after dist-upgrade
On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 10:13:05AM -0300, Emiliano Marini wrote:

> I tried the 4.6 kernel with the 4.7 initrd and it almost boot (at the end
> init cannot access the root fs device). But the 4.6 kernel extracts the 4.7
> initrd and loads de init process. This leads me to think it's a kernel
> issue.
>
> Tried booting the 4.7 to /bin/sh. Same results. It seems it cannot extract
> the initrd?

Yes, it seems that the kernel cannot extract the initrd, because (very
weird!) for some reason the 4.7 kernel you are trying to use lacks
builtin support to extract gzip (???). This looks pretty weird, but
might explain the problem.

You should try to compress the initramfs with either bz2 or xz. It
seems that xz-utils is not installed in your system, so you should
first

apt-get install xz-utils

and then recreate the initramfs again. If xz is available, initramfs
should try to compress the initramfs with xz. Hopefully, the 4.7
kernel you are trying to install will have at least xz support...

LetUsKnow

My2Cents

KatolaZ