:: Re: [DNG] Won't boot after dist-upg…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: KatolaZ
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Won't boot after dist-upgrade
On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 08:21:11AM -0300, Emiliano Marini wrote:
> I've got rid of that error installing the kernel headers. But nothing has
> changed.
>
> apt-get install linux-headers-4.7.0-0.bpo.1-all
> apt-get install --reinstall linux-image-4.7.0-0.bpo.1-686

This definitely looks to me as something (i.e., either /sbin/init or a
kernel module) being missing/misplaced in the initrd. Is the initrd
actually uncompressed successfully? If it is (and now I am just
wondering), is it possible that the "init" you have in there is
corrupted or missing, or instead waiting for some magic to happen?
Have you tried to pass "init=/bin/sh" to the kernel? What happens?

Which is the format of the initrd file that is created for you by
initramfs-tools? Maybe (but this would be quite weird) that
initramfs-tools has used xz compression, and for
who-knows-which-reason the kernel does not have xz builtin, and the
kernel fails to uncompress the initrd file?

My2Cents

KatolaZ