:: Re: [DNG] Won't boot after dist-upg…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Miroslav Rovis
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Won't boot after dist-upgrade
On 161215-08:45-0300, Emiliano Marini wrote:
> I have updated my Devuan VM:
>
> apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> But it won't boot with Linux 4.7, I just get a blank screen right after the
> GRUB menu:

Just maybe related, in Gentoo-users there is an issue involving blank screen and
boot failure, here:

[gentoo-user] Gentoo-sources-4.9.0
https://marc.info/?t=148164912800033&r=1&w=2

first message of that thred:
[gentoo-user] Gentoo-sources-4.9.0
https://marc.info/?l=gentoo-user&m=148164897128870&w=2
reads:
> ... blank display and no booting activity ...

It's related with ATI cards, but with the newer kernel than yours, so...

(And there are some issues with some Nvidia cards on Gentoo users ML too.)

Certainly, blank screen can indicate problems with graphics card...

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia