:: Re: [DNG] Networking on installatio…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: dr.klepp
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Networking on installation: was Devuan GNU+Linux Beta2 release
Am Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2016 schrieb Renaud OLGIATI:
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 11:45:32 +0100
> Adam Borowski <kilobyte@???> wrote:
>
> > The reason patents were introduced for was getting more money for the king.
>
> No, they were introduced to guarantee the inventor the exclusivity of his invention for a certain time, so he alone could profit from it during that time.
>
> Introduced to make research economically viable.

And it was granted for 5 years then and it did never work. When you take a look at inventions/IP in Germany from 18th century til now then you see that patents killed innovation. There have been some studies done on this, there are even papers from the US goverment from ~ 1950 that question the benefit of the patent system.

Here's a link to an explanation how patent system works today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AB633rlUkg - enjoy the "innovation". BTW, I hold patents myself, so I know quite well what they are good for.

Nik