:: Re: [DNG] DocSprint Devuan, Decembe…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: karl
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] DocSprint Devuan, December, BXL
Steve Litt:
> On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 13:13:02 +0100
> hellekin <hellekin@???> wrote:
> > On 11/15/2016 08:43 AM, hellekin wrote:
> > > for the third moment of its research-action vector on SMALL
> > > SINGULARITIES, Dyne:β×λ is organizing a documentation sprint for
> > > Devuan in December in Brussels.
> > >
> > > https://bxl.dyne.org/vectors/small-singularities
> I didn't understand a single sentence in the preceding URL.

:) I'm not surprised since singularity is an operating system made by
Microsoft: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singularity_%28operating_system%29

(Though singularity also has other meanings.)

It seem it (the text at the link) uses academic jargon laterally (so to
say), they seem to lend some parts of the language from vector calculus.
Dyne is an organisation working for community empowerment,
β stands for Brussels, λ for laboratry, and in vector calculus, × stands
for curl. The curl of two vectors is a third vector normal (i.e.
perpendicular) to both original vectors. A vector is something that
has a direction. A singularity is where something not "anticipated"
happens. Perhaps the idea is give the image of creating new
"exciting" things from things (people, organisations) joining forces.
Soo, someone is having fun with the language.

And to summarize, the only thing of substance in the article is the
statement that dyne.org will focus on devuan.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148