:: Re: [DNG] Recommended location for …
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Steve Litt
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Recommended location for iptables rules
On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 04:40:58 -0600
hal <vmlinux@???> wrote:

> KatolaZ wrote on 12/05/2016 04:14 PM:
> >
> > Hence, /var/lib/iptables/ seems indeed the perfect place to keep
> > (different possible sets of) iptables rules.
> >

> I would respectfully disagree here only because I've come to
> appreciate having the bulk of my configurable system knobs
> under /etc/.

I agree with Roland that iptables rules should be somewhere in the /etc
tree. If iptables writes out state files, those can be in /var, but not
admin-configured rules.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2016 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz