:: Re: [DNG] Networking on installatio…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Alessandro Selli
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Networking on installation: was Devuan GNU+Linux Beta2 release
Il giorno Tue, 6 Dec 2016 11:12:34 -0300
Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI <renaud@???> ha scritto:

> On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 14:30:58 +0100
> Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???> wrote:
>
> > Devuan was born with the intention of removing the artificial limits
> > systemd is imposing users. Proprietary software is even worse in
> > restricting people's choice. If your vision of Devuan is something like
> > Ubuntu, with every kind of software ditched-in just for the sake of
> > attracting unsuspecting victims into it's snares, I think you'd better
> > direct your efforts into Ubuntu of like Gnome or Unity based distribution.
>
> On the other hand, by making it impossible to install without having to go
> and hunt firmwares under the excuse that they are not open source,

It's not an excuse: it's a matter of fact, they are proprietary, thus
subject to a very different framework governing their availability,
distribution and usage, also under the legal point of view.

> open-source talibans are doing exactly what they condemn in the systemd
> talibans: both take away from the user his liberty of choice. Cheers,
> Ron.

This makes as much sense as lamenting the judicial system is not actually
protecting people's lives and property because it denies thieves, robbers
and fraudsters they own liberty, property and choice of way of life.

Proprietary software, together with DRM, DMCA and software patents, are
evidently, clearly and intentionally limiting people's choice in many ways.
Much more so than systemd.

--
Alessandro Selli http://alessandro.route-add.net
VOIP SIP: dhatarattha@???