:: Re: [DNG] Recommended location for …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: hal
A: Lars Noodén, dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Recommended location for iptables rules
Lars Noodén wrote on 12/05/2016 02:09 PM:
> On 12/05/2016 09:59 PM, dev wrote:

<snip>

>> Perhaps /etc/iptables/rules.v4 and /etc/iptables/rules.v6 make
>> the most sense.
>
> What do you see as the advantage? I'm interested in hearing the
> rational for either /etc/iptables/ or /etc/network/ since iptables-apply
> and iptables-persistent are conflicting and unlikely to be resolved
> upstream in the immediate future.

I did not know about iptables-(apply|persistent) until yesterday but It makes
the most sense to me anyway that /etc/iptables would be the place to put all
things "iptables*". Putting them in /etc/network just seems odd if /etc/iptables/
already exists.

Also, iptables-apply is a shell script which could be changed easily by anyone
wishing to store it's configuration under /etc/iptables/ as well.