:: Re: [DNG] Systemd-Illness in procps…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Klaus Ethgen
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Systemd-Illness in procps.
Hi,

Am Mo den 5. Dez 2016 um 9:01 schrieb Aldemir Akpinar:
> Seems like it's been infected about 1.5 years ago.
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/procps.git/commit/?id=e24f0f994ad3279eb387bea8cda907d4e6f61926

Might be. I just seen it recently when it start linking to /usr libs.

> (Correct me if I'm wrong) I think the idea is to retrieve login details
> from systemd-login for ps output. Is this information available on a
> systemd system with normal syscalls I do not know.

Sure. Nice API, isn't it!? Every Tool has its own tools to query special
values. Just systemd must infect every standard tool.

The same I could ask why ls does not display acls (getfacl) or
capabilities (getcap and why does ps not show them? (getpcaps)) or
fileattributes (lsattr)? Only systemd has to infect all other tools that
aggressively.

And look at the costs. It pulls in all the systemd environment just for
a ps!? It breaks several usecases.

Not to mention, why such daemons like tor or stunnel need to be linked
against systemd.

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                                       http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16            Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C