:: Re: [DNG] trouble with wifi one ste…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Arnt Gulbrandsen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] trouble with wifi one step away
Hendrik Boom writes:
> My laptop will connect to the coffee shop'w wifi modem, which has IP
> number 172.16.0.1 and gives me IP number 182.16.0.194, but there seems
> to be no route from it to anywhere, not even DNS lookup.

Can you tcpdump the DHCP sequence?

This sounds like a bug; 182.etc is not inside the DHCP server's network. A
linux box should not end up with an IP address outside the DHCP server's
address/netmask, even if the DHCP server is returning nonsense. The linux
box should either get a usable address or no address at all.

Arnt