:: [devuan-dev] Integrating graphics i…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: golinux
To: devuan-dev
Oggetto: [devuan-dev] Integrating graphics into desktop-base
Posting this irc discussion at Jaromil's request. Hopefully some
progress was made on integrating graphics into desktop-base by the time
we finished. Please report if it's now a seamless purpy landscape from
grub to Desktop. As to plymouth . . . I have never used it because I
like to see the terminal output scroll by - it only takes a few seconds
here. If you think it's really necessary, I could probably figure out
how to make the current one purpy (but someone else would have to get it
into git). Current list of desktop-base issues is here:
https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/desktop-base/issues I would
close at least one (concerning F1 on slim which has now been added) but
I don't have privs to do that:

<jaromil> can you point me to the latest standing issues on the desktop
<jaromil> we tried booting the default and got an xfce desktop without
the background / theme you made, also missing icons for the dock
applications
<golinux> Writing a reply atm
<jaromil> thanks
<jaromil> i see desktop-base is installed, but the xfce background is
blue
<jaromil> and the icons are missing, probably another package is missing
<jaromil> ?
<golinux>
https://talk.devuan.org/t/how-do-i-change-my-desktop-and-cursor-theme/354
<avocado``> Title: How do I change my desktop and cursor theme? - USE -
Devuan Discourse (at talk.devuan.org)
<golinux> I have never figured out how to work git and neither hellekin
nor Centurion_Dan ever uploaded the proper folder icons.
<golinux> They are posted at http://www.saynotogmos.org/ss/gnome.tar.gz
<jaromil> yes, the post explains it all
<jaromil> we just need someone to integrate all these steps into the
packaging
<golinux> The lastest slim panel is here:
https://git.devuan.org/hellekin/slim/tree/suites/jessie/debian/devuan-curve
<avocado``> Title: debian/devuan-curve · suites/jessie · hellekin / slim
· GitLab (at git.devuan.org)
<golinux> Would be amazing if everything from Centurion_Dan's grub
screen, to slim, to the desktop were visually integrated
<golinux> btw, I just put the email content here.
<jaromil> oh you did not sent it ?
<jaromil> so far there aren't graphics covering the boot, which we tend
to agree on
<jaromil> as covering the boot process is not a nice feature
<jaromil> so well slim and desktop are must
<golinux> YES! there are boot graphics!
<jaromil> not in our test, the default installation has no boot graphic
for grub nor for the boot process (the plymouth)
<jaromil> our test now
<jaromil> after installation the system has a plain grub text dialog
(which is very fine, as people need to tweak that often) and shows all
boot process
<golinux>
https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/desktop-base/tree/master/grub/themes/devuan
<avocado``> Title: grub/themes/devuan · master · devuan-packages /
desktop-base · GitLab (at git.devuan.org)
<jaromil> then leads to the slim graphical thing
<jaromil> then goes into the desktop
<golinux> Yes.
<golinux> I have screenies somewhere. Let me go find them. It is all
working seamlessly here
<jaromil> please mind i am talking about a vanilla install without any
handmade tweaking
<golinux> This should be vanilla
<golinux> The boot screen should look like this:
http://www.saynotogmos.org/ss/boot.png
<jaromil> ack
<golinux> That should be the default in desktop-base/grub pkg.
<jaromil> i'm guessing a build for desktop-base was never triggered
<golinux> Yes. It's be on the todo list forever
<golinux> And the gnu icon in
https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/desktop-base/tree/master/grub/themes/devuan/icons
needs to be replaced with this one http://www.saynotogmos.org/ss/gnu.png
<avocado``> Title: grub/themes/devuan/icons · master · devuan-packages /
desktop-base · GitLab (at git.devuan.org)
<golinux> hellekin did that months ago but it never got into
desktop-base.
<golinux> A very minor thing but still.
<devuanci> Project desktop-base-source build #34: SUCCESS in 12 sec:
http://ci.devuan.org/job/desktop-base-source/34/
<devuanci> * Daniel Reurich: Remove hack on /etc/default/grub.
<avocado``> Title: desktop-base-source #34 [Jenkins] (at ci.devuan.org)
<devuanci> * hellekin: Update devuan-security.desktop with correct URL.
<devuanci> * hellekin: Add Devuan security pixmap and update README
(Fixes #21 and #23)
<devuanci> * hellekin: Fix markdown
<devuanci> * hellekin: Fix README.md
<devuanci> * hellekin: Plural
<devuanci> * hellekin: Different is better.
<devuanci> * hellekin: Remove 'bloo' from available backgrounds [use Icy
instead] (closes #25)
<devuanci> * hellekin: Add missing extension
<devuanci> Project desktop-base-binaries » architecture=all,label=all
build #24: SUCCESS in 1 min 25 sec:
http://ci.devuan.org/job/desktop-base-binaries/architecture=all,label=all/24/
<avocado``> Title: desktop-base-binaries » architecture=all,label=all
#24 [Jenkins] (at ci.devuan.org)
<devuanci> Project desktop-base-repos build #25: SUCCESS in 14 sec:
http://ci.devuan.org/job/desktop-base-repos/25/
<avocado``> Title: desktop-base-repos #25 [Jenkins] (at ci.devuan.org)
<jaromil> golinux: things written in this channel may just get lost,
better post this roundup in email