:: Re: [DNG] devuan-discuss is not use…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Miroslav Rovis
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] devuan-discuss is not useful, quite the opposite
On 161123-13:15+0100, hellekin wrote:
> On 11/23/2016 01:12 PM, Simon Hobson wrote:
> > hellekin <hellekin@???> wrote:
> >
> >> ... nobody cares
> >
> > As someone who is not really in a position to contribute much at all, let me say that I'm grateful to all who are working towards making Devuan "happen" - regardless of the size of their contribution.
> > I watch (or at least, skim) most of the discussions, mostly I work on the basis of "if I can't contribute in a positive way, then I keep quiet and 'let those who can, do'" and I suspect there are a few on the list with the same approach - so don't take silence as meaning not interested or doesn't care.

I feel the same (or similar) as Simon. I care, but I can't change much.

> Thanks Simon,
>
> What makes you feel you can't contribute much?
> ==
> hk

I can tell you for myself. If I pregress at the pace that I'm
progressing (but I started too late: after 40, and I'm 60, and only
young at desire to do, but alas! with too little skills to do)...

If I pregress at the pace that I'm progressing, I may be able to
contribute in at least a few more years only...

It takes real developer to really do something about Devuan...

And seeing systemd take over a lot of distro is such a shame...

What happened to so many others that were around and some have actually
started this, but are no longer around... Icaac Dunham... Then the vdev
guy, Jude C. Nelson (IIRC)... and many others...

I also remember I saw some people having been banned, and then others
asking why they were (and telling about their comments about some issue
being discussed on this mailing list), but those that were banned did
not reappear, apparently they were not admitted back, or?

I hope this project still takes off in the future. With systemd the
Linux is going to its own nice looking ruin (will be in the hands of the
big business, surveillance and all)...

Regards!

--
Miroslav Rovis