:: [devuan-dev] moving towards the rel…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jaromil
A: devuan-dev
Asunto: [devuan-dev] moving towards the release candidate

dear devs,

With our team in Amsterdam we are well determined to push towards a
release candidate. in the past day we are getting over the (rather
urgent) issue of the keysigning and we are now testing if the new
devuan-keyring build fixes also the CD/DVD problem in Beta, that the
installer doesn't uses the packages included in the ISO.

having a look at other current pending issues and after a wisely long
beta period, there are only two blockers which I consider major for a
stable Devuan 1.0 release:

- this keyring problem also affecting CD/DVD

- the desktop-base which somehow never ends up landing the desktop
designed by golinux and hellekin

there are some other minor issues, lots of stability perceived by
everyone and most importantly no other issue that is significant and
impacts our original mission of delivering Jessie without systemd and
*just that*.

therefore I ask you now to focus on this goal for Jessie and tell me
if I am missing something.

Regarding the desktop-base, I understand that we are hanging on that
because the whole package is being refactored and in doing that is
left a bit in the air without being finished. I think that rewriting
desktop-base goes beyond the original mission of Jessie of removing
systemd and should be postponed to ASCII, while we should ship the
original desktop-base from Debian just substituting the graphics with
Devuan. What do you think?

Thanks for any constructive feedback and assistance in preparing this
release.

thanks,
best wishes

--
~.,_   Denis Roio aka Jaromil    http://Dyne.org think &do tank
    "+.   CTO and co-founder      free/open source developers