:: Re: [DNG] non-free activated by def…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: fsmithred
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] non-free activated by default?
On 11/18/2016 06:30 AM, Henry Jensen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As a long-term Debian user which is sick of systemd I downloaded
> devuan_jessie_1.0.0-beta_amd64_CD.iso and installed the system without
> much adjustments. Next thing I noticed is that "non-free" is included
> by default and I have now non-free packages installed on my system
> without asking.
>
> Is this a bug or intended? From a distro which is dedicated to freedom
> I have not expected such a behavior.

I'm not sure about this. Most of my installs have the main repo only. I
did notice one install on a laptop that needs non-free wireless firmware,
the firmware got installed automatically, but I didn't think it put
non-free in the sources.list.

If you select Expert Install, you get a choice of using non-free or not.

> Other question: How do I get rid of the non-free packages, is vrms
> still the best option?

This one gives me one false positive (libclucene-contribs1):

dpkg-query -W --showformat='${Package}\t${Section}\n' |grep -e non-free -e
contrib

This one gives me one false negative (it misses glx-diversions from contrib):
aptitude search ~i~s"non-free~|contrib"

vrms makes neither of those errors.

-fsmithred