:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Election and riots
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Caleb James DeLisle
A: System undo crew
Assumpte: Re: [unSYSTEM] Election and riots

On 10/11/16 16:31, voize wrote:
> Caleb,
>
>> I expected a wave of hate-crime after the election, anti-trump riots
>> caught me off guard. Now I see this is following the typical strong-man
>> pattern.
>>
>> People out in the streets rioting and burning things, the trump voters
>> become more and more convinced that he is the only person who can keep
>> the country together. We can expect Guliani or Arpaio being nominated
>> and saying "this lawless will stop!"...
>
> what do you mean by strong-man pattern?

He's following the same path as typical "strong man" presidents like
Erdogan or Hussain... basically a politician who rules with an iron fist
but is honestly re-elected because the quiet majority sees him as the only
way to keep the violent political minority from turning the country to
chaos.

> The protests besides being #fucktrump is also #whitewon. As if Trump
> voters needed more fuel! Were they so surprised that half the country
> actually turned out the be unhappier and angrier than they are? 'Lets go
> retake that mantle!' - The Revolutionary known as Katy Perry
>
> Yes, when the new American Revolution comes along, it will be lead by
> pop singers.
>
> I'm kind of worried that the 'race war' will take front row instead of
> the neoliberal vs republicans

Wouldn't be surprising, people behave like this when under pressure.

>> I'm somehow excited to see the power struggle which ensues as it seems
>> quite clear that Trump is not a friend of The Washington People...
>> He got only 4% of the vote in DC. Nassim Taleb said after the election
>> that Goldman Sachs and the Saudis are the big losers so this could be
>> significant.
>
> I didnt know about the Nassim Taleb bit and Goldman Sachs bit! But I'd
> imagine it is thus. I would imagie Trump doesnt need to take cash from
> anyone, he's going to do business as usual.

Figure if Goldman collapses, so does the Euro. In negotiation that's a
Trump card (heh) and he'll probably use it to get immunity from judges
mettling with his presidency...

Exciting times...
Caleb