:: Re: [DNG] devuan-discuss is not use…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Miroslav Rovis
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] devuan-discuss is not useful, quite the opposite
On 161107-10:38+0100, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> This is one important reason why Devuan should have invested effort
> into setting up a forum that uses an interface many would use readily.
> I suggested phpBB like forums.debian.net. The reason given for not
> choosing phpBB, as I understood it, was phpBB is too demanding on
> servers.

I may be only a future tester, but I very much miss the phpBB
functionality of a good forum for Devuan.

It's many people who expect that, simply because it's the most common
way to ask for and get help, and generally hand around in most distros
of FOSS/GNU Linux...

No mailing list can, at least not in significant measure, replace
that...

> I remember when forums.debian.net was served from a "server" in a
> private house under a desk.
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?p=3331#p3331

That is one admirable moment in history! Thanks for the link!

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia