:: Re: [DNG] Refracta on Distrowatch
Página Inicial
Autor: fsmithred
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Refracta on Distrowatch
On 10/19/2016 09:10 AM, Robert Storey wrote:

> I'm of the opinion that trying to squeeze everything onto a CD is kind of a
> dated concept. I can't remember the last time I saw an actual CD drive (as
> opposed to a DVD drive).

You can still get blank CD media. That said, I'm ready to drop that
requirement. Getting jessie to fit in 700MB caused some trouble for me.
For those who must stay below 700MB, there will be no-X isos available as
there were in the past. (I removed the nox isos because they had dmo
packages, and I never got around to replacing them. Since Jessie is
reaching old-age now, I'm looking at doing that for ascii.)

> While I'm meditating on this particular subject (the iso file size), I also
> think it's worth considering if there's a better way of dealing with the
> firmware drivers for wifi. The complexity of setting that up probably
> scares off a lot of people from installing Refracta.

I seem to recall that it wasn't any easier to get wireless working in
Debian until recently. When did they start automatically installing
non-free firmware? As usual, I'm open to suggestions. (Now that I think
about it, I may have a solution already on my hard drive. If I can find
it...) Having the non-free drivers pre-installed is probably not going to
happen.

> As for when Refracta might get reviewed again on DistroWatch, I don't think
> there's a hard and fast rule about it, but in general when there's a new
> release with some noteworthy features, it should be fine to write an
> article about it.

I can almost guarantee that there will be a future release with noteworthy
features. Maybe even game-changing features, but that depends on what
happens with other projects.

-fsmithred