:: Re: [DNG] What does Devuan expect f…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Edward Bartolo
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] What does Devuan expect from a boot-loader?
Never mind, consulting the SYSLINUX documentation confirmed for
another time, native EFI boot is not supported even with secure boot
disabled. As I said already, Legacy Boot on HP Probook 4540s (my
latest purchase), does not work.

An alternative would be to use a minimal distribution to manage grub*.
Something like Puppy comes to mind, or fsmithred's distro. Currently,
I have Debian Jessie managing grub*; yes, unfortunately, it is with
systemd. During installation, I noticed it is a far cry from being a
minimal system as many packages I don't need were installed. I used
debootstrap for the installation and only root exists as a user.

Edward

Albert Einstein