:: Re: [DNG] What does Devuan expect f…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] What does Devuan expect from a boot-loader?
On Sat, 1 Oct 2016 10:27:47 +0200
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

> Le 01/10/2016 07:37, Rick Moen a écrit :
> > Quoting Joel Roth (joelz@???):
> >
> >> I'm personally happy with lilo, and Devuan allows me to use it.
> > I love lilo. I should note, however, that Edward's requirements
> > include GPT (GUID Partition Table) support, which might be possible
> > with lilo or might be problematic.
>
>      And what about RAID? I need it. And I like also Reiserfs, maybe
> not the fastest but rock-solid; is it supported by Lilo?

Wait a minute. Couldn't you have an ext4 root directory, and have all
data on RAID mounts? Would that be inconvenient? Of course it would.
But grub2 is also inconvenient, and not all people prioritize these two
inconveniences equally.

I think people wanting grub2 should have it, but lilo or SYSLINUX could
be used to boot MBR systems with simple-mount root partitions, followed
by RAID/ENCRIPTION/LVM on various mounted filesystems.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28