:: Re: [DNG] What does Devuan expect f…
Página Principal
Autor: Rick Moen
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] What does Devuan expect from a boot-loader?
Quoting Edward Bartolo (edbarx@???):

> Like most people on this mailing list I am shocked to notice the
> increasing bloat that is going into boot-loaders like grub*.
> Boot-loaders are becoming like a stripped down operating system
> instead of just containing the minimal necessary functionality to
> understand disk and partition formatting. Does Devuan support this
> trend? Does it plan to write or fork its own boot-loader? As far as I
> am concerned, as long as a boot-loader can read GPT and MSDOS disks
> plus extN partitions, that should be enough.

Hey, try using syslinux. It's really good, and available packaged.
Yes, it does support GPT, IBM/MS ('MSDOS') partitions, and ext[234]
filesystems. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/syslinux

There's no need for Devuan to write or fork its own bootloader.
Excellent ones are already packaged and ready to run.