:: [DNG] Discourse MIME messages (was …
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: hellekin
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Vanhat otsikot: Re: [DNG] On talk.do and Web forums
Aihe: [DNG] Discourse MIME messages (was Re: On talk.do and Web forums)
On 09/30/2016 11:28 AM, hellekin wrote:

>> appear to be HTML formatted. HTML formatted? Saaaay whaaaaat???

Here's what RFC 2046 has to say:

Systems should recognize that the content of the various parts are
interchangeable. Systems should choose the "best" type based on the
local environment and references, in some cases even through user
interaction. As with "multipart/mixed", the order of body parts is
significant. In this case, the alternatives appear in an order of
increasing faithfulness to the original content. In general, the best
choice is the LAST part of a type supported by the recipient system's
local environment.

>From that reading, the Discourse emails are properly formatted, and the

problem comes from your MUA accepting HTML email. Maybe you can disable it?

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/