:: Re: [DNG] On talk.do and Web forums
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Gregory Nowak
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] On talk.do and Web forums
On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 11:09:20PM +0100, Dave Turner wrote:
> Traffic on ye olde dng@??? has gone down a lot.
> Is it because of this new-fangled Discourse thing?

I'll admit I don't miss the traffic. In fact, I had considered
switching over to the announce list, but then the traffic here went
down as Dave points out. I had wondered if there was a reason, but
didn't think too much about it.

As for this new discourse thing ... I'm not a fan of forums, unless
it's a community I really want to be a part of, and forum is the only
way to participate. I much prefer to have e-mails end up in my inbox,
than to have to login somewhere, and look through what accumulated
since I last checked in.

If this new platform has a forum to mail gateway, so everything would
just arrive in my inbox, and I could reply right from my mail client,
then that's great. However, I'm quiet happy with this mailman list,
even more so with the lower traffic. That's my take on things.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1