:: Re: [DNG] Kernel error requesting U…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Kernel error requesting UEFI upgrade.
On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 10:15:38PM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> ..me, I'd try another and pristine kernel, from https://www.kernel.org/
> loooooong before messing with boot firmware etc from the SystemD gang,
> as in "Cui Bono?" from bricking your laptop.
>

> ..good _old_ build recipe:
> https://www.howtoforge.com/kernel_compilation_debian_etch
> Note the age. ;o)

I'm afraid that kernel-package is for practical purposes unmaintained these
days, with bugs left unfixed for ages (like, #772664: fork bombs unless you
manually override with -j`grep ^processor /proc/cpuinfo|wc -l`, or #772681:
produces bogus -headers that break some out-of-tree modules).

If you're building recentish kernels (since 4.1 I think), mainline can
produce Debian packages on its own: "make bindeb-pkg".

--
Second "wet cat laying down on a powered-on box-less SoC on the desk" close
shave in a week. Protect your ARMs, folks!