:: Re: [DNG] ifupdown, udev, libudev1 …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] ifupdown, udev, libudev1 and systemd
On Sun, 04 Sep 2016, Adam Borowski wrote:

> The file you're probably thinking of is /etc/network/interfaces. I didn't
> even know about /etc/default/networking, and it looks utterly redundant:

true! I was mistaken. much less to fear from this warning, thanks for
noticing.

meanwhile I've read the code and cannot find anything that make ifup
strictly dependent from systemd. The *support* has been added already
8 months ago, but is not a requirement. The tests pass on a Devuan
Jessie with exception of number 7 and 8, I could not figure out yet
the reason for this, perhaps because I have eth1 as first interface
and not eth0 on the machine I used to test.

ciao