:: Re: [DNG] ifupdown, udev, libudev1 …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jaromil
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] ifupdown, udev, libudev1 and systemd
On Sat, 03 Sep 2016, Didier Kryn wrote:

>     Warning: upgrading Devuan jessie brings in a new version of ifupdown
> entangled with Systemd.

I'm not sure what is the coincidence, but a new "ifupdown-devel"
mailinglist appeared right in August.

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/ifupdown-devel/

If you or someone else has time, would be good to briefly articulate
our concerns and ask if its possible to:

> ------- beginning of message ----------
> ifupdown (0.8.1) unstable; urgency=medium
>
> The /etc/default/networking file is now read even when systemd is used,
> although its use is not recommended.

             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

refrain from deprecating use of /etc/default/networking
as this will affect an enormous amount of server installations.

> Ifupdown will now be more strict when errors occur, and will also
> properly return a non-zero exit code when (de)configuring an
> interface fails. Please ensure your /etc/network/interfaces is
> correct and that your interfaces can be brought up and down
> without errors, especially during system startup. Ifupdown now
> has more fine-grained locking, allowing concurrent calls of ifup
> and ifdown. It is also allowed to call ifup and ifdown from a
> (pre-)up or (post-)down line from /etc/network/interfaces, as long
> as no recursion occurs. You can now use the "inherits" keyword to
> copy settings from another interface stanza. RFC 4361 DDNS
> support is now enabled by default for inet dhcp interfaces if
> isc-dhcp-client is installed.

preserve these changes as independent from systemd, as I believe they
are.

I also recommend avoiding any flame and if the tones of the
conversation quickly become confrontational and bullish then just
leave, we'll fork that package.

Actually I'm already looking at possible forking strategies.

The Git repository is
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/ifupdown.git

ciao