:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Bookchin's conflict …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: psy
À: Julia Tourianski
CC: System undo crew
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] Bookchin's conflict with anarchists: Electoral Politics & Nature of Power

Julia Tourianski:
> could you expand on this: We are living the "fallacy of majority", fighting
> the "reason of minority".

The "fallacy of majority" (latin: "argumentum ad populum") is a variant
of the fallacy "ad verecundiam" which means that facts/arguments are
based on the opinion (aka criterium) of the majority.

Independently if that majority has sciencitific/philosophical
reasons/arguments or not (remember Hobbes description of "majority" like
"teenagers"). Histoarians call it also like "costumbrism".

For example, this can be easily explained with money. Money, almost
nowadays, is based on trust. One dollar has the value that the people
(majority) who "trust" on it gives to that paper. Well, a dollar is
created by a private company, so they have really easy to control that,
but others not. Btw, this value of money is like god, a question of
faith. Why a dollar has the value of a dollar?. That's not relevant on a
social layer, because we use it just because we know that others
(majority) trust on it. Same as Bitcoin. Now expand this to a lot of
negative human facts... Majority is doing it, so that's it, non
alternatives possible. And this is a big fallacy.

On the other hand we have the "reason of minority". This can be
explained, for example, with climate exchange. It is reasonable to think
that to use a system (socio-economical) based on infinite expansion of
units on a finite place like Earth is a crazy strategy to follow.
Inclusive from a maths perspective. But only a "minority" is being
conscience on that. So, again try to extrapolate that example to other
many fields. Including democracy in which that minority cannot be
represented because of, for example, how d'Hondt system is working, some
electoral law, etc..

I mean, we have a "minority with reasons" that cannot change the things
because we life on the "government of majority" that actually, prefers
to focus on entertainment (keep population with teenagers mentality) and
economy (to sell them faith)...