:: Re: [DNG] vdev - android
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Temas antiguos: Re: [DNG] vdev - scanner
Asunto: Re: [DNG] vdev - android
On Fri, Sep 02, 2016 at 11:12:00AM +0100, Dave Turner wrote:

> dmesg knew all about my android tablet when I plugged it in, why can't vdev
> pick it up from there?
>
> this is what I had to add into 51-android having had a look at dmesg first.
>
> #    my cheap Android tablet
> ATTR{idVendor}=="1f3a", ENV{adb_user}="yes"

The real question is whether there's another way to identify what a kind of
device it is.

Androids see to be mtp devices if you want to mount them as a file
system. Linux has some obscure command to mount such things. I forget
what.

They aren't USB storage devices. At least, mine wasn't.

If you don't want to mount it, you use adb to access it.

At least, mtp and adb are the official ways to access them.
Have things changed?

-- hendrik