:: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ralph Ronnquist
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging

Edward Bartolo wrote on 28/08/16 14:32:
> Quote Ralph wrote:
> "Note that there is now an explicit dependency on makedev, which might
> cause a slight hiccup for an i386 installation. If so, a normal
> "apt-get -f install" will sort it out."
>
> Is the makedev dependency temporary or permanent? As far as I can
> remember udev does not pull in makedev.

You're right. It really shouldn't to be a hard dependency, or even a
dependency at all (makedev only provides /sbin/MAKEDEV, which nothing in
vdev uses, apart from for some reason setting a link /dev/MAKEDEV to it).

Basically I misread the loud warning from the initrd building script.
I'll change it for the next update.

Ralph.