著者: Ralph Ronnquist
To: fsmithred, dng
題目: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging

fsmithred wrote on 27/08/16 07:57:
> On 08/25/2016 08:06 AM, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
>> So, I took the steps of forking Jude Nelson's vdev on git.devuan.org, and
>> augmenting it with an initial set up for deb package building.
>
> I get a 404 error on that page. After looking around for a bit, I found
> the debs here:
> https://git.devuan.org/ralph.ronnquist/vdev/tree/master/release

Thanks. Yes, I suppose the "shorter" path is only if you clone it.

> Does the initramfs get built automatically when you install the debs, and
> if so, does it replace the one in /boot, or does it get dropped somewhere
> else and need to be copied?

Yes, I spent most of the time on integrating the packaging with
initramfs-tools, to make it build properly when you install it, and to
persist to (hopefully) rebuild properly when you install other packages
later on that cause rebuilding of initrd.

However, the installation does not remove udev. It does unhook udev from
being used, which of course is an unfriendly way for a package to
behave. I tried various ways of declaring conflict to udev so as to have
the packaging deal with it automagically, but I didn't find any way that
didn't then unsintall X (and many ways that uninstalled the kernel). So
in the end I left it with a) removing the udev hooks from
initramfs-tools configurations, b) removing them from sysvinit
activation, and c) replacing the "init" script for initrd; the last was
necessary because the script enforced using udev.

Ralph.