:: Re: [DNG] eudev [was: vdev]
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] eudev [was: vdev]
richard lucassen wrote on 22/08/16 19:34:
> I agree, but unfortunately nobody has the time and the skills to pick up
> vdev and to continue its development. I have neither the time, nor the
> skills unfortunately, otherwise I would certainly have participated in
> the project. For the moment Devuan is still equipped with udev-systemd,
> so Devuan is very very dependent on the systemd guys. Just something
> nobody wants here.
>
> And with "freedom of choice" in mind: indeed, it would be nice if eudev
> would be available anyway, whether vdev will be continued or not.

As far as I could tell, vdev is so almost ready it'd be sad to turn
sideways, and as it stands, I think I'd like to invest some of my TV
time towards pushing it these final few metres. Though I'm not sure what
the due process would be; I'm rather new to this arena. Perhaps someone
can drop me a line of advice on that.