:: Re: [DNG] eudev [was: vdev]
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: richard lucassen
À: dng
Anciens-sujets: Re: [DNG] vdev
Sujet: Re: [DNG] eudev [was: vdev]
On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 19:06:09 -0400
fsmithred <fsmithred@???> wrote:

> > ..eudev etc package link?
>
> These packages were built by David Hare a little over a year ago. They
> appear to work on current devuan. I don't know if he plans to update
> them.
>
> add this line to your sources:
> deb http://exegnulinux.net/nosystemd/ experimental main
>
> Install this key
> http://exegnulinux.net/nosystemd/pool/main/e/exegnu-archive-keyring/exegnu-archive-keyring_0.0.1_all.deb
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get install eudev (seems to install the libraries)
> apt-get -t experimental install udev (honest)
>
> It will rebuild the initrd.
>
> Reboot.
>
> David also put together an experimental live iso of refracta with
> eudev. I recently made a live-usb for a friend with this iso when her
> hard drive died, and she used it for a few weeks without any
> complaints.
>
> http://exegnulinux.net/refracta/iso/eudev/

He guys,

I've been at work for a week or so and today I looked at the DNG list
for the latest activities around vdev, but there has almost been no
activity on vdev as far as I can see. OTOH, last week I tested eudev on
a separate partition and that seems to work quite well.

I think it might be a good idea to leave vdev for what it is and
to switch to eudev. It is moreorless maintained (the latest change is
two weeks ago) and it works well. We should not reinvent the wheel IMHO.
And as there has been no response from the original vdev author, I think
it's better to package eudev for Devuan and to make it available for
Jessie and Ascii. The latest version is 3.2.

Any thoughts on this?

R.

--
richard lucassen