:: Re: [DNG] Distrowatch Devuan poll d…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Edward Bartolo
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Steve Litt
Υ/ο: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Distrowatch Devuan poll do-over
What does it mean "little" and "lots" of work? Words like "little"and
"lots" are too subjective. Although DEVUAN may be a works in progress,
many like me have been using it as their production OS for a whole
year. An OS can never be ready. Is MS Windows ready? Does it have
outstanding bugs? Is everyone satisfied with MS Windows GUI? I am
asking about MS Windows, but my questions can be asked about all
operating systems, open and closed.

Popularity and polls are intimately related as popularity often shapes
the result of polls. Does it make any difference if the masses out
there reject DEVUAN or not? DEVUAN is the result of rejecting systemd
which was created to make things easier for the masses. A good survey
would be one that specifically asks system administrators. Is DEVUAN
being adopted to power servers? Do server administrators prefer to
have systemd dependent OSs powering their machines? Is DEVUAN being
used as a base for other distributions?

Please take popular polls that appeal to the masses with a pinch of salt.

Edward

Albert Einstein