:: Re: [DNG] GRUB shell
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Olson
A: dng, fsmithred, aitor_czr
Asunto: Re: [DNG] GRUB shell
> On August 17, 2016 at 9:32 AM fsmithred <fsmithred@???> wrote:
>
> On 08/17/2016 07:09 AM, aitor_czr wrote:
> >
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > On 08/17/2016 12:32 PM, Peter Olson <peabo@???> wrote:
> >> What does "e" plus tab key twice do?

> >> successfully to find out about this?

> > Refracta uses grub in live mode, as he said in the IRC Channel. But ask
> > him...
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Aitor.

[...]

> Also, you must have missed Peter's response. He's now a lover of the grub
> shell. (Not sure if "Welcome to the dark side" applies here or not.)

It would be fair to say that I don't need to wear sunglasses while working on my busted machine.

It may be that part of my difficulty is that I don't generally use tab completion in the shell, so I wouldn't have thought of that as an avenue to help.

Also, my experience with the Grub shell has been GRUB-RESCUE> :-(

Years ago my bitter experience with this was doing a dist-upgrade on my machine and finding it bricked. Turned out that for whatever reason the RAID support was enumerating MD 0/1 as MD 127/126. It certainly wasn't obvious and a better sysadmin than me didn't figure it out either.

In this case, I have not yet fixed Grub, but the CD allows be to boot either of my systems, so I have some breathing room before having to recreate my Grub configuration.

Peter Olson