:: Re: [DNG] vdev - scanner
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: fsmithred
À: Ralph Ronnquist, dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] vdev - scanner
On 08/16/2016 07:54 PM, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
> fsmithred wrote on 17/08/16 09:34:

>>> perhaps?
>>>
>>> scanner.act
>>>
>>> [vdev-action]
>>> event=add
>>> path=^bus/usb/1$
>>> VAR_OWNER=root
>>> VAR_GROUP=scanner
>>> VAR_PERMISSIONS_MODE=0664
>>> helper=permissions.sh
>>> if_exists=run
>>>

>>> Does debian use something like /dev/usbscanner0 or /dev/usb/scanner0?
>>> Then maybe a new helper scanner.sh is needed, like optical.sh?
>>>
>>> In the beginning of vdev creation we dreamt of a udev rules to vdev action
>>> parser
>>>

>> I now have a better idea of what such dreams would entail. Getting close...
>>

>> This mostly works. I can get the right permissions on the device, but when
>> I add the setfacl command, vdev fails. Error is "Invalid action" and it
>> lists /usr/etc/vdev/actions/scanner.act. If I run the command in the
>> console, it works correctly. I tried it with the command before and after
>> "if_exists=run".
>>

>> [vdev-action]
>> event=add
>> path=^bus/usb/*/[001-999]
>> OS_SUBSYSTEM=usb
>> OS_TYPE=255/255/255
>> VAR_OWNER=root
>> VAR_GROUP=scanner
>> VAR_PERMISSIONS_MODE=0664
>> helper=permissions.sh
>> if_exists=run
>> command:/usr/bin/setfacl -m g:scanner:rw $VDEV_MOUNTPOINT/$VDEV_PATH
>>
>> Any ideas on how to get setfacl to work are welcome. Thanks.
>>

> devuan% which setfacl
> /bin/setfacl
>
> maybe? Ralph.

That's weird. When I run 'which setfacl' I'm told it's at
/usr/bin/setfacl. On further examination, that's a symlink to
/bin/setfacl. Changing it in the action file didn't make a difference.

Assuming this will eventually work, would daemonlet=true need to be added
to get vdev to deal with plugging and unplugging the scanner after boot?

-fsr