:: Re: [DNG] systemd greybeards
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Brian Nash
A: Dan Purgert
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] systemd greybeards
On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 07:03:57PM -0400, Dan Purgert wrote:
> - wait, windows is stable enough to run a server on? :)

I never said it was stable, but people think otherwise.

It's kind of like US politics:

The only people who care enough to go far are the ones you don't want.
Lying, corrupt politicians naturally rise to the top, while the honest,
humble ones are lucky to even get elected; you only hear bad things
about them, and not the corrupt ones, because the honest ones usually
don't fight back.

It's the same with operating systems:

Windows agressively claws it's way to the top, doing all it can to
destroy competition, while Linux minds it's own, content to let it's own
merits speak for it.

Unfortunately, people generally only pay attention to the "loudest",
hence the success of systemd, dirty politicians, Windows, and annoying
siblings.

A Microsoft PR guy is more likely to get decision-makers in a company to
listen to him than some eccentric, non-rich geek.

Then there is the fact that it's easier and cheaper in the short term to
use an OS that your boss is familiar with, and in the long term too much
will need to be overhauled for a change to be worth it.

You can't be rich in the pockets and rich in the soul at the same time,
it seems.

I like to think of it like the Matrix movie. ;)
We took the red pills, and our eyes are opened, all we have to do is
keep an eye out for others who are beginning to see things for what they
are, and help them escape too.

It fits, too. IIRC the Devuan installer had a red background at first.