:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Pàgina inicial
Autor: aitor
A: fsmithred, dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] vdev

Hi fsmithred,

On 08/15/2016 12:36 AM, fsmithred <fsmithred@???> wrote:
> richard lucassen wrote on 15/08/16 06:49:

>> >It should be at /etc/vdev

>> >Hmm, that worked for me and Ralph IIRC. I don't have the Devuan machine
> Oops. I completely forgot about the required edits of
> /usr/etc/vdev/vdevd.conf which is present in the snapshot but not in the
> debs. I've added:
>
> cp {vdev-snapshot,}/usr/etc/vdev/vdevd.conf
>
> to the script. My apologies.
>
> Ralph.

The content of the /root/vdev-initramfs is for regenerating the
initrd.img; this is the reason why our keayboard and mouses still
haven't control. Jude Nelson wrote:

/NOTE: These instructions are Debian- and Devuan-specific, and very
hacky. Use at your own risk.//
//
//WARNING: Readers are expected to know how to fix a broken initramfs
and a broken bootsystem if they try this.//
//
//Running `make && sudo make install` will get you most of the way
towards installing vdev.//
//But to use it, you will need to disable udev,//
//enable vdev, and rebuild your initramfs to include vdev instead of udev.//
//
//On Debian and most Debian-derived distributions,//
//it is possible to generate an initramfs image with this command://
//
//$ cd example/ && make initramfs//
//
//This will generate an initramfs image in `example/`, which can be
installed with your bootloader of choice.//
//
//To enable vdev and disable udev in the init system, the command is //
//
//$ cd example/ && make install-initscript//
//
//I'm still working on the packaging scripts that will do all of this
automatically./

I'm working on that. Now i have a computer rebuilding the packages of
linux-libre-4.6.2 with libudeb-compat-dev instead of libudev-dev, and i
also rebuilt initramfs-tools [*]

Hope it works :)

Aitor.

[*] You can generate the initrd.img running the
/root/vdev-initramfs/tools/mkinitramfs of the snapshot sent by Ralph.