:: Re: [DNG] vdev - udev is a dead end
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nate Bargmann
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] vdev - udev is a dead end
If all of this is a concern, here is a simple mitigation strategy. This
can be done by projects or individuals.

First, determine the canonical (not the company) repository for the
project in question.

Second, clone that repository locally (dead easy with Git).

Third, occasionally update the local repository from the
upstream canonical one.

Fourth, when someone tries to empty the canonical repository, push yours
to GitHub or wherever. So long as the code remains public, they can't
kill it.

Presumably, all of these projects still have publicly available
repositories. Clone them now into a Git repository as all of the
history will be preserved that way if needed, things can be cherry
picked into other projects as needed (so long as licensing terms are
compatible).

They can only shut us out if we allow them to.

- Nate