:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Top Pagina
Auteur: richard lucassen
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] vdev
On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 09:15:21 -0400
fsmithred <fsmithred@???> wrote:

> I'm testing on a system that doesn't have a display manager. Things
> are working on the console. When I run startx and get to the desktop,
> touchpad and mouse don't work. Seems like the keyboard doesn't work
> then, except for ctrl-alt-sysrq-k to kill the xsession.

Maybe you should make yourself member of the group "input"

> ps ax shows that vdev is not running.

[..]

I had that as well. I put the vdev.pid file directly in /run/

/run/vdev.pid

That's a workaround. We'll have to find out why it does not want to
create a pid file in /run/vdev. I think vdev starts too early but I
haven't had a closer look at it yet.

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |