:: Re: [DNG] Devuan-ascii: Upgrading r…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Edward Bartolo
A: Harald Arnesen
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Devuan-ascii: Upgrading runit to 2.1.2-5 can hose your system
Harald Arnesen wrote:
<<
Steve Litt [2016-08-12 19:47]:

> I don't understand. Do you perhaps mean that sysvinit is PID1, and you
> use runit strictly as a process supervisor? The reason I ask this is,
> whatever acts as PID1 is what boots the kernel.

No. The kernel starts PID1.

Steve Litt knows which executable starts first when a Linux OS starts
to boot. This is a genuine error. I am sure people like Steve Litt
know that the kernel is what starts PID1.

Albert Einstein